Monday, January 21, 2013

Something to fill you APPetite

So today I thought I would spend this post telling everyone about some of the apps I am using on my phone that have helped on on my weight loss journey. Some of these app are new and some of them I have been using for a long time and don't know if I would have been able to do what I have done so far without them. These are in no particular order I am just putting each one out there for each of you to see. If you have an app that you love to use as part of you fitness and nutrition please comment below and I will check them out.

My Fitness Pal

I know I have mentioned this one before but I am going to mention it again. I have used several app over the last two years that are supposed to help track your food and calorie intake and by far this is the best one. Why do I like this app more than the others? Well here is a few reasons. 1. It is FREE you just sign up for an account and off you go. 2. You can use it on the web or your phone. 3. It is customizable to any nutrition plan you are on at the moment and can be programmed to keep track of the protein, carbs, and fat you are taking in each day. 4. The phone app has a bar code scanner that uses the camera on the phone, you just put the phone up to the bar code, it scans it and enters it into your diary. Great tool for tracking what you are eating.


 Run Keeper

I used to use this app all the time (when AT&T GPS could find me) when I was running a lot more. This is a great little app, it uses your phone's GPS to keep track of where you are and your runs. It will tell you the number of miles you ran, your current pace, average pace, calories burned, elevation change, you name it. This is a great way to set a goal such as I am going to run 25 miles this month...it will do that too! It keeps a running tally of all your runs that can be broken down by the day, week, month, or year. If you are thinking about getting into running this is a must have, you would be surprised how far you are actually running when you are tracking it. Plus watching those miles begin to add up really keeps you going.

Fooducate

This one really goes hand in hand with My Fitness Pal. This app does not track food, progress, or anything like that, this app is totally informational. This is a great guy to have with you when you are at the store getting your shopping done. What this app does is let you scan a products bar code (much like My Fitness Pal) and will give you a grade on how healthy the product is. It grades on a letter grade scale just like when you were in school so the higher the grade the better the food. You can even add the option to have it warn you when the food you are eating contains GMOs or not. It is another great free app, give it a shot, you will be surprised where some of your "healthy" staples land.

Max Capacity Training

Here is a workout program that has you working out a few days a week for only 15 minutes a day. Trust me this is no small task. The workouts are intense and so are the moves. To give an example the first workout you do will have you doing 50 seconds of pushups followed by 10 seconds of rest four times. This will continue into squats, planks, and other moves. The point of this is to get you working hard right off the bat and keeping you there to see just how far you will go. The app is 100% free as well and gives pictures and instructions on how to do each of the moves and the timing for each exercise before you go and do them so take a minute to read what you are going to be doing fully before you go out and do it. Don't have a lot of time and want a good workout? This one is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment