Friday, January 25, 2013

It all comes down to trust

So the last few days have not been all that great for me, I have been pretty frustrated with a lot of things and to be honest with you something that is coming up in the next few weeks has me really.....really nervous. The change isn't something that I can really go into right now but it is going to make things much better for me in the way of time and stress but I have money concerns about the change. I think this impending change is what has me a little stressed. I am making the change to make a better home life for me and add a lot of free time to spend with my family. The reason I am making this change is because I am putting a lot of trust in my ability to coach people successfully and motivate others to make a change. That is the scary part, as of now I don't know that I am doing the best job at that. I seem to be able to get people fired up about fitness and changing but have a track record of keeping about 10% of those people committed to the change. I know that some of this is my own fault for not being committed to the coaching while going after some certifications so I can't blame anyone but myself.

This is where the trust comes in. Someone once told me that in the bible Jesus says "Don't Worry" and I have to keep telling myself that. By nature I worry about money and if I am able to provide for the family so making a change that is going to take money away does not help with the not worrying. I keep telling myself to trust and in trust I mean trust in the Lord to take care of us. We all know HE will not put more on our shoulders than we can carry. We will face challenges but he gives us those challenges because he knows we can handle it and it will make us stronger. As a matter of fact, I got up early to workout and when I was done everyone was still asleep. I didn't want to wake up my wife so I stayed in the kitchen did my bible reading and devotional and prayed. As part of my prayer I admitted that I am making the change to trust HIM and to know that he will take care of us (he always has) I also prayed for my coaching I was about to lose my status as a coach and be downgraded to a coach, and I was going to go inactive which means I was not going make money. This really made me worry more, I prayed that he help me there, I told him I trusted in him and that he would see me through this. Next thing I know I get a new coach number me (lets me keep my rank), get a sale (keeps me active), AND hit something called Success Club (every coaches monthly goal). Needless to say a total 180 degree turn around all from one prayer and falling into trusting HIM. Give it a try you will be surprised at the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment