Saturday, February 2, 2013

A reason to be thankful...trust me

So today started out like any other Saturday for the last few weeks, I woke up both early and tired from working the long days in a row Thursday and Friday. I woke up a little after 5 AM in order to get my workout in, get in the shower, have breakfast, pack a lunch, and head off to class. On the way to class the skies opened up something kind of crazy and dumped all kinds of snow all over the place. TDOT was not ready for this to say the lease. It just about 20 minutes the highways were 100% covered in snow and iced over. Cars were sliding all over the place out of control, I was doing just find for a while but then just like everyone else I started to slide. When I first started to slide I missed a Nissan by about 4 inches before I was able to gain control of the car and get it stopped. When it stopped I was sideways pointing right at a the wall between the north and south bound lanes. I got the car pointed the right way and started to make my way down the highway again. At this point I decided that I was going to make it to the next exit and get off the highway and just wait until the sun came out and melted everything before heading home. Well that never happened. Another patch of ice on the highway on a bank caused what could only be called a car pile. If I could paint a picture for you it looked a lot like a giant had played match box cars and left them all in a giant pile on the side of the road. Once I got to that part of the highway I just threw in the towel, put the car in park and just watched as everyone tried to keep going. (Guess they had nothing better to do than to file an insurance claim). The one thing that really blew my mind was when the 18 wheeler tried to make it and slid down to make sure it pinned all the other cars down until someone could pull it out.

I tell you all this to let you know how fortunate I am. If you recall I did a post not to long about trusting God and knowing that he is in control. Each time I started to slide I didn't panic I just kept cool, tried to gain control of the car and say a little prayer that it would be OK. Don't get me wrong there were a few times where I thought for sure my Saturn would be spending some time in the body shop but that never happened and nobody hit me either. It seemed every time the car stopped sliding or the wheels gripped again it was right after I finished a little prayer to keep me safe. I was not concerned about damage to the car but concerned about staying safe and getting home to the family. Turns out in the end I was being watched the whole time and being protected.

Trust


Go figure

No comments:

Post a Comment